The ISF is a non-profit organization committed to advancing understanding of the clinical biology of sepsis, to improving management of patients with sepsis, and to promoting clinician and lay education in sepsis. The ISF Council consists of some of the most recognized international experts in sepsis, infectious diseases, emergency medicine and critical care.
Council members have led many of the pivotal sepsis trials conducted in recent years and have extensive contacts and experience with major medical journals, research funding agencies and regulators.
The ISF is supported by donations from the general public and by unrestricted educational grants from companies interested in sepsis and infection. Corporate supporters not only enable the ISF to advance its mission, but also derive unique and cost-effective benefits including:
- Face to face access to the ISF council, key opinion leaders in sepsis, critical care and infectious disease, at twice yearly ISF events and Council meetings.
- Opportunities for advisory meetings with ISF Council members at ISF events, where key issues can be discussed. Additional access including convening online advisory meetings can be arranged for a nominal charge.
- Executive attendance at the yearly ISF Colloquium. These invitation only educational events focus on specific scientific areas related to sepsis and infection
- Attendance at the open session of all ISF Council meetings (usually two per year) and attendance at all council/sponsors receptions (usually two per year). The next Council meeting will be held in October, in Bangkok, Thailand
- Preferential benefits and facility discounts at the annual Sepsis 20XX symposium
- Acknowledgement of support on all materials produced by ISF, including our web site www.sepsISForum.org
If you are interested in supporting the ISF and its educational activities around the world, please contact the ISF Executive Director, Elaine Rinicker, at the address provided on the Contact page.
In 2019 the following companies provided unrestricted educational grants or donations to support the activities of the ISF: